Saturday, October 20, 2007

Aaaaaaugh!

The slightly annoying, amazingly melodramatic Wilhelm Scream, screamed by the guy famous for doing the song Purple People Eater- that's right, the one-eyed, one horned, flyin' purple people eater song- has been being used in films for 56 years now. It's something of a tradition (or, given the hilariously overexaggeratedness -wow, is that a word?- of it, maybe it's more 0f a very long-running joke in the film industry). Maybe it's kind of like the guy saying "My leg!" I hear in every single disaster scene in SpongeBob episodes. I found this awesome compilation of slips from films containing the Wilhelm scream on YouTube.

Can you hear The Scream in every clip?

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious and it takes a special talent to bring this type of information to the masses!

    Yes I can hear the scream each! I can't believe it was even in my fave Reservoir Dogs! ;o)

    ReplyDelete