Bee was kind enough to tag me for not one, but two tag game meme things. I'm a little late with them. Here's the embarrassing one, as promised. Expect the random one soon.
8 (oh, okay... 4) EMBARRASSING THINGS
1. When I was in a play in, I don't know, 1st grade, I had the opening lines, and I went out to speak, in front of everyone in my whole entire family and the school, when the big piece of background scenery came crashing down on me from behind. I didn't even notice until it hit me. And it was caught on film. I have never truly recovered from that.
2. I have an unfortunate way of staring at any objects headed my way until they hit me. Call it Deer-In-Headlights Syndrome. When playing basketball once, someone threw the ball at me. Instead of catching it, I stared at it until it bounced off my upturned face. And it went into the basket! One in a million.
3. I slipped on ice on the top step after a nasty ice storm, once. It was a really comical Chaplin special, with one foot coming flying out from under me almost 90 degrees after planting it, and me landing flat on my butt. I bumped down all three stairs, and absolutely flew all the way down the path- on my butt, remember, with both legs and both arms flailing wildly- until I finally managed to skid to a stop where the paved little path bends. It must have looked hilarious. And I know a few people who were out at the right moment saw. Not to mention I had a bruise almost the length of my thigh that lasted more than a week. Owie.
4. I ripped my shorts one day this summer- a great big split, right down the back seam- and went around all day with it on. In the mall, with everyone and their uncle in it. I honestly did not notice until I took them off. How bad can that get??
5. No more, I've already humiliated myself enough...
42 minutes ago