Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty...

Hello, Avant Garden! Oh, how I have missed you. *twirls around*

I swear. Blogging is like an addiction. Think about it. When you try to quit, you continue to see things and think "oh, that would make a great post!" and randomly wonder about the nonexistent comments on your nonexistent posts. Or at least, that's what happened to me.

Now I bet you're all going to go all ninja-tastic on me for daring to quit. Why did I even bother? Well, I would like to say I just forgot my password again like the last time I abandoned this blog. But that wouldn't be the truth. This time, the blame for the abandonment falls squarely on me, not on my poor malfunctioning memory.

After several nights of sitting up late working on that ever-present scourge of the student, Homework, and thinking, "damn, I should really post something on my blog!" I decided enough was enough, and that I was giving up on my blog. Yes, giving up. During the school year I would (and will) never, ever, ever be able to produce enough free time to give this blog the attention it so badly deserves. So, from now on, the Avant Garden is a summer-only blog. This does not mean there will be no posts during the school year. At some point I may be compelled to post, or simply pull enough time out of a hat to allow for a brief statement of "I'm alive!" or something to that effect. But, don't hold your breath for it. That could end badly.

Now, the picky among you will point out that the last time I posted was in July, long before the school year could have started. The truth is, I really have no reason for stopping posting then. The best excuse I have is a bad case of terminal laziness. I just kept putting posts off and putting posts off and the next thing I knew, it was September. Yeah. I probably shouldn't let that happen again.

But for now... Look out world, the Avant Garden is once more open for business! Now society can once again get their fix of random crap they really didn't need! Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment