Saturday, September 23, 2006

Poof!

Ok. The much anticipated explanation to why i am posting from my phone is this- my laptop's battery is dead, and its charger died in a rather strange manner. When the computer warned me of its low battery, i naturally plugged it in. But when i did, nothing happened. It kept beeping, unaware of the plug. I unplugged and replugged it in on both ends to no avail. I then noticed that the green light on the charger box was off. This was showing all the symptoms of being broken. Little did i know, that charger had more in store for me. I shut down the computer and picked up the charger box; why i can't say. And when i picked it up it poofed. That's the only word to describe it. It got a little bit warm and the light blinked twice, and then with a loud poof this grey smokeish stuff came out of it. It made a cloud roughly the size of a soccer ball that had dissipated in 2 minutes. It had no odor and left no residue behind. I unplugged it fast and threw it down, afraid it would explode or burst into flames. Cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment